We asked and you answered! Here are the results of the Climate Council’s 2021 Annual Community Survey, informed by thousands of our passionate supporters.
Our community are at the heart of everything we do. Whether amplifying our message by sharing our reports and fact-sheets, taking action to influence decision makers or chipping in to maximise the impact of our campaigns, we can’t thank you enough for your unwavering support.
Download the infographic!
Looking back at the past year, we asked what you thought our biggest achievements were:
- Amplifying voices in the national conversion and empowering people to lead act and advocate, particularly over the Black Summer bushfires.
- Profiling the solutions, from the Clean Jobs Plan through to the Cities Power Partnership, together we’ve championed the people, politicians, & communities who are taking action.
- Discrediting gas, and making sure more Australians understand why this harmful fossil fuel doesn’t need to be part of our economic recovery.
“The Climate Council turns single voices which are easily ignored into a large community voice which is getting much harder to ignore”
Download the full infographic!
We asked how you wanted to be involved in future activities of the Climate Council:
- Taking online actions, such as signing petitions or writing to decision makers, to make sure your voices are heard on critical issues.
- Getting the word out by sharing Climate Council content to grow awareness and educate your family and friends
- Engaging in experiences by attending Climate Council online events, like our recent First Nations Climate Justice Panel
- Powering the Climate Council by chipping in a donation and funding our critical campaigns and interventions
- Holding decision makers to account by meeting with representative MPs and community leaders
“[The Climate Council] gives me a connection to a community that shares my values and care for the planet.”
Chip in a tax-deductible donation to the Climate Council today and power our work on these critical issues.
Some of our supporters summed up why they’re a proud part of the Climate Council community. Here’s more of what they had to say:
- I respect and trust the work that you do and feel that your strategies are very well considered and intelligent. Your communications / resources and webinars are interesting and engaging – it’s great to see science finally being communicated effectively. You are a respected voice for action on climate change that is non biased and non political – I know I am getting the truth.
- The Climate Council informs & guides the community towards climate change solutions & brings us hope for the future.
- Thank you, the work you do is extremely important and it is vital that Australian’s have a loud and independent voice about this most pressing issue
- Because I believe that how facts and solutions to climate change are communicated can influence public sentiment and engagement with the issues and drive policy changes.