Queensland has everything it needs to become a clean industry superpower and a world leader in renewable energy and climate solutions.
The Climate Council has created Smart Solutions to Supercharge QLD, a report to showcase the opportunities Queensland has to create jobs, build community resilience and position the state as a leader in renewable energy and clean industry.
The Queensland Government has already taken important steps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and capitalise on Australia’s renewable energy boom. As the Queensland Government develops its Climate Action Plan, now is the perfect opportunity to seize the opportunities that come with Queensland’s competitive advantages in renewable energy and other climate solutions.
The ‘Smart Solutions to Supercharge QLD’ report spans six key policy areas with clear solutions that can be deployed across the state today. Are you a Queenslander? Click here to email your State MP a copy of the report today.
Read the full set of recommendations here.
What’s in the report?
Smart Solutions for Queensland is tailor-made to protect and grow Queensland jobs and future-proof the state. The report includes a set of recommendations for the Queensland Government on a wide range of policy areas, from building climate-resilient homes and communities, to becoming the renewable energy capital of Australia, and more. It also includes case studies from around the country, where climate smart solutions are already in action.
These initiatives would be transformational for the state, and tangibly improve the lives of everyday Queenslanders.
If you’re located in Queensland, click here to email these recommendations directly to your State MP.
Email your QLD State MP today!
What are the key policy areas?
OUR ROADMAP FOR SUCCESS: MITIGATE, ADAPT AND THRIVE UNDER THE CLIMATE ACTION PLAN
- The Queensland Government’s forthcoming Climate Action Plan can firmly establish Queensland as a global leader in low and zero carbon economies around the world. The Climate Action Plan will be a future-proofed roadmap with clear timeframes and targets that the entire Government and state can unite behind.
MAKING QUEENSLAND THE RENEWABLE ENERGY CAPITAL OF AUSTRALIA
- Queensland has abundant natural resources, a skilled workforce and the existing industrial base needed to become a renewable energy and clean industrial superpower. The rapid installation of utility-scale renewables underpins that future prosperity.
LEADING THE WAY: GOVERNMENT AS OPPORTUNITY CATALYST
- Improving energy efficiency and clean energy uptake across government facilities is a wonderful opportunity to create long term budget savings for the government, grow demand for locally manufactured clean energy storage solutions, create jobs, provide leadership to the community and reduce emissions.
RESILIENT HOMES & COMMUNITIES
- Queensland homes could become universally recognised not only for iconic design, but also climate resilience, zero carbon footprint and energy efficiency, with every Queensland household and community enjoying the benefits that come with a more comfortable home or building that is cheaper to power.
TRANSFORMING OUR TRANSPORT SYSTEMS: 1200 JOBS + HEALTHY, CONNECTED COMMUNITIES
- The road to zero emissions transport provides an opportunity to reduce disadvantage, create jobs and connect communities. Investing in transport systems can create jobs: the Climate Council’s Clean Jobs Plan finds that 1,100 jobs could be created over the next three years by improving Queensland’s active and public transport systems, with an additional 100 jobs created via the expansion of the electric vehicle (EV) network.
MORE THAN A QUARRY: MAXIMISING QUEENSLAND’S MANUFACTURING CAPACITY
- Clean energy offers a unique opportunity to revitalise Queensland’s manufacturing industry – creating long-term regional jobs and capitalising on Queensland’s natural advantages in a decarbonised global economy. Manufacturing that is powered by clean energy will transform the Sunshine State into a clean jobs superpower.
Who are the Smart Solutions for?
The Smart Solutions to Supercharge Queensland report is intended for Queensland State MPs, who can use the recommendations to build a brighter future for the sunshine state today.
Are you a Queenslander? Email your State MP and ask them to support the Smart Solutions to Supercharge Queensland.
Email your QLD State MP today!