This content is more than 4 years old
In recent years, power prices have become one of the most talked about issues in Australia. But separating fact from fiction – What causes them to increase? Where do renewable energy and coal fit in? – that’s complicated! This guide cuts through the complexity and provides answers to some common questions on electricity prices.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL ELECTRICITY PRICES GUIDE HERE
This guide answers questions such as:
- What am I paying for with my power bill? Find out what makes up the average residential electricity bill.
- Why have my power prices gone up? What is the main driver of electricity prices? (Hint: it’s not renewable energy)
- Can renewable energy help reduce electricity prices? Find out about the relationship between renewable energy – including rooftop solar power and large-scale renewable energy power stations – and power bills.
- What about the cost of building a new coal power station? Is a new coal power station a good idea?
- What about subsidies? What sort of subsidies are provided to the fossil fuel industry, and what is the health cost of continuing to invest in coal power stations in Australia?
DOWNLOAD THE ELECTRICITY PRICES GUIDE HERE