Climate change is harming our health in Australia, and will lead to more injuries, disease and deaths in decades to come.
This report sets out the expected impacts of climate change on the health of Australians. It complements The Critical Decade 2013: Climate Change Science, Risks and Responses.
1. Climate change is a serious threat to our health and well-being.
- Australia is getting hotter, leading to increased heat-related deaths and disease.
- More frequent and severe extreme events can seriously harm our health.
- As the climate changes, infectious diseases will rise.
- Climate change poses risks for Australians' mental health.
- Climate change will put increasing pressure on health services and infrastructure
2. Climate change will put increasing pressure on health services and infrastructure.
3. Prevention is better than cure.
4. In addressing climate change we can build a healthier Australia.