- Location: Sydney or Melbourne
- Term: Full Time or Part Time.
- Direct Reports: 0
- Applications Close: 29th September
The Climate Council is Australia’s leading climate change communications organisation. We provide authoritative, expert advice to the public on climate change, energy solutions and international action, based on the most up-to-date science available.
We’re made up of some of the country's leading climate scientists, energy, health and policy experts, as well as a dedicated team of staff, and a huge community of volunteers and supporters. As an independent voice on climate change, we get climate stories into the media, produce hard-hitting reports, call out misinformation and support Australia’s shift to a prosperous, renewable powered economy.
The Climate Council was founded in 2013 by tens of thousands of supporters, in Australia’s largest ever crowd-funding campaign, to create a new, independent and 100% community-funded organisation in response to the abolition of the Australian Climate Commission.
This newly created role will be responsible for major giving income streams, and will work closely with the CEO throughout the major giving process including managing prospecting, pitching, relationship management, as well as application and reporting processes. This role will develop, drive and expand the Climate Council’s Philanthropic Strategy.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing and implementing the Climate Council’s Major Gift & Philanthropy Strategy.
- Prospecting and identifying major gift opportunities.
- Developing collateral for pitching.
- Making pitches and asks independently, as well as supporting the CEO to do so.
- Relationship management with new and existing donors.
- Grant application writing.
- Writing reports and ensuring that acquittal requirements are met.
- Fostering Medium Givers into the Major Giving Program.
- Identifying bequest prospects.
- Establishing a Development Committee within the Climate Council.
You have experience working in a similar role, and have a proven track record of securing major gifts. You have built strong philanthropic networks in Australia and internationally. You’re passionate about engaging donors in projects, and are willing to get your hands dirty writing extensive applications and reports. You’re a strong communicator and are passionate about the incredible impact of philanthropy on the environmental sector.
- You’re confident in fostering relationships with philanthropists and donors, ensuring they’re engaged and informed.
- You’ve mastered project pitching and the ‘art of asking’.
- You have strong written communications skills and can translate complex projects into compelling applications and collateral.
3. Strong personal drive and integrity
- You go above and beyond to ensure your donors receive the best possible experience.
- You’ve worked collaboratively as part of a high performing team.
4. Results Driven
- You have a proven track record in achieving financial targets
Even if your experience only matches some of the points above, we’d still love to hear from you.
We encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply for this role.
The salary for this role will depend on the experience of the applicant.
The Climate Council is Australia’s fastest growing climate change NFP with a strong base of existing donors and supporters. This is your chance to be a driving force behind the growth of the Climate Council, expanding our capacity and increasing our impact by driving philanthropic engagement with the organisation.
The Climate Council also provide generous learning and development opportunities for all staff and a paid parental leave policy (after 12 months service).
To apply, please email the below documents to email@example.com with the subject line: Major Gifts and Philanthropy Manager application via CC Website
- A cover letter or email outlining how your experience is relevant to the role and how you meet the key criteria.
- Your curriculum vitae, including contact details for two referees.