- Location: Sydney
- Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000 depending on experience.
- Term: Full Time, ongoing.
- Direct Reports: 0
- Applications Close: 29th September
The Climate Council is Australia’s leading climate change communications organisation. We provide authoritative, expert advice to the public on climate change, energy solutions and international action, based on the most up-to-date science available.
We’re made up of some of the country's leading climate scientists, energy, health and policy experts, as well as a dedicated team of staff, and a huge community of volunteers and supporters. As an independent voice on climate change, we get climate stories into the media, produce hard-hitting reports, call out misinformation and support Australia’s shift to a prosperous, renewable powered economy.
The Climate Council was founded in 2013 by tens of thousands of supporters, in Australia’s largest ever crowd-funding campaign, to create a new, independent and 100% community-funded organisation in response to the abolition of the Australian Climate Commission.
The Digital Marketing Officer will be responsible for the Climate Council’s email program, and in particular, driving regular donations from new and existing supporters. The role will be responsible for supporter communications, acquisition programs, developing a range of interactive onboarding journeys, as well data analysis and optimisation. This role sits within the Community & Fundraising Team.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Testing, segmenting and optimisation.
- Identifying and analysing acquisition opportunities.
- Creating a range of campaign content and landing pages.
- Drafting, creating and testing social media ads.
- Developing engaging and interactive digital onboarding journeys.
- Converting existing and acquired leads to regular donors.
- Reporting on and analysing campaigns.
You have excellent written communications skills and love being creative. You may have worked in a similar role before, and have experience implementing digital acquisition strategies. You’re passionate about growing organisational impact by driving the growth of its supporter base and giving programs.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working with at least one of the following functions: delivery of email/digital campaigns, creating digital fundraising content, or running a membership/subscription program.
- Experience with digital fundraising tactics, email list engagement, and marketing/acquisition programs.
- Familiarity with Mail Chimp or Campaign Monitor.
- Competent with data analysis and experienced using Microsoft Excel/Google Spreadsheets.
- Experience with optimising content and making data-driven decisions.
- A skilled copywriter, with experience in writing email, web or social media content.
- Familiarity with marketing and digital advertising tools.
- Experience using Wordpress CMS.
1.Strong communications skills:
- Your written communications skills are excellent.
- You can translate complex information into snappy and engaging content.
2. Strong planning and management skills
- You can plan out complex onboarding journeys, as well as segmenting large lists of data.
3. Strong personal drive and integrity
- Go above and beyond to ensure our supporters receive the best possible experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a high performing team.
Even if your experience only matches some of the points above, we’d still love to hear from you.
We encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply for this role.
- You have a unique opportunity to grow the Climate Council’s passionate community, by implementing cutting edge digital acquisition strategies. Get experience in creating world-class cut-through digital content, whilst working amongst Australia’s leading climate change communicators, at Australia’s fastest growing climate change NGO.
- The Climate Council also provide generous learning and development opportunities for all staff and a paid parental leave policy (after 12 months service).
To apply, please email the below documents to [email protected] with the subject line: Digital Marketing Officer application via CC Website
- A cover letter or email outlining how your experience is relevant to the role and how you meet the key criteria.
- Your curriculum vitae, including contact details for two referees.