Work type: 6 month fixed-term contract, with potential short term extension
Location: Sydney location – Surry Hills (split of working from home / working from our office)
Annual Salary: $85k + super
About Climate Council
The Climate Council is Australia’s leading climate change communications organisation. We provide authoritative, expert advice to the Australian public and key decision-makers on climate change and solutions based on the most up-to-date science available. The Climate Council was founded in 2013 by thousands of Australians to create a new, independent and 100% community-funded organisation in response to the abolition of the Australian Climate Commission.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Our vision is that by 2025 Australia’s emissions are on a steep downward trajectory with projects and policies in place to see us cut emissions by 75% by 2030 and net zero by 2035. This represents a transformation in action and attitude from all levels of government, industry, business and community. It also fundamentally improves Australia’s contribution to the global climate challenge, while unlocking benefits/potential of the new economy, and protecting lives, well-being and the natural environment.
Our mission is to be a courageous catalyst propelling Australia towards bold, effective action to have emissions plummet during the 2020s and hit net zero by 2035.
- We are brave and bold
- We are hopeful and solutions focused
- We act with integrity and communicate honestly
About the Role
The Salesforce Project Manager will work with teams from across the Climate Council to implement Salesforce. You will be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of the platform as a new solution to manage engagement with our donors and stakeholders, and will be expected to hit the ground running.
The Salesforce Project Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with the Salesforce Administrator. The Salesforce Project Manager has no direct reports.
The key responsibilities of the Salesforce Project Manager include:
- Drive the implementation of Salesforce at the Climate Council having regard to scope, budget and time constraints
- Identify opportunities to leverage Salesforce technologies
- Build trusting stakeholder relationships to understand Climate Council project requirements and ensure the success of the project
- Coordinate and provide support/guidance to the Salesforce Project Team, and schedule tasks, deadlines and milestones for stakeholders and resources (e.g. UAT)
- Effectively control and manage issues, risks, dependencies and changes in scope associated with complex IT and operational projects
- Provide support to the team and trouble-shoot during the project including when roadblocks appear
- Track and report progress and performance of the project
- Prepare training documentation to support system use into the future
- Contribute positively to the Climate Council culture and act in accordance with Climate Council values
The successful candidate will have:
Experience and Skills
- 3-5+ years in a role managing IT based projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to understand and translate stakeholder requirements into system design
- Hands-on experience with one or more CRM software products (e.g. Salesforce.com, Kepla, Nation Builder). Salesforce experience will be considered favourably
- Understanding of not-for-profit drivers and donor engagement through CRM software products will be considered favourably
- Any project management-related certification (e.g. Agile, Six Sigma) will be an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (formulas, data cleansing, data manipulation)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
A passion for tackling climate change. You care about driving down Australia’s greenhouse gas pollution and ramping up renewables.
Remuneration and Benefits
This exciting and dynamic organisation will continue to be in the public eye, giving those involved an unrivalled opportunity to contribute to the public discourse on climate change. With exposure to some of the leading minds tackling climate change, this role is a unique opportunity.
- Salary of $85k + super
- 6 month fixed-term contract, with potential short term extension
- Sydney location – Surry Hills
- Split of working from home / working from our office
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- A strong work culture which is results focused but also supportive and nimble
- A dynamic organisation and experienced team
How to apply
The Climate Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, personal appearance, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, or political affiliation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply for all advertised positions.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter of no more than 250 words outlining your relevant experience here.
If you have any questions regarding the position please email us at [email protected]
Applications close midnight 27th June 2021