Work type: 0.6 FTE, 2 year fixed-term contract
Location: Sydney preferred, but will consider Melbourne-based candidates
Annual Salary: $85k + super (will be prorated)
About Climate Council
The Climate Council is Australia’s leading climate change communications organisation. We provide authoritative, expert advice to the Australian public and key decision-makers on climate change and solutions based on the most up-to-date science available. The Climate Council was founded in 2013 by thousands of Australians to create a new, independent and 100% community-funded organisation in response to the abolition of the Australian Climate Commission.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Our vision is that by 2025 Australia’s emissions are on a steep downward trajectory with projects and policies in place to see us cut emissions by 75% by 2030 and net zero by 2035. This represents a transformation in action and attitude from all levels of government, industry, business and community. It also fundamentally improves Australia’s contribution to the global climate challenge, while unlocking benefits/potential of the new economy, and protecting lives, well-being and the natural environment.
Our mission is to be a courageous catalyst propelling Australia towards bold, effective action to have emissions plummet during the 2020s and hit net zero by 2035.
- We are brave and bold
- We are hopeful and solutions focused
- We act with integrity and communicate honestly
About the Role
The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for maximising the utilisation of Salesforce as a tool for donor and stakeholder engagement. The role will work with the Salesforce Project Manager, internal stakeholders and appointed implementation partner to configure Salesforce to meet the organisation’s requirements. The Salesforce Administrator will also be responsible for ongoing management and utilisation of the platform by the Climate Council Team.
The Salesforce Administrator reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with the Salesforce Project Manager. The Salesforce Administrator has no direct reports.
The key responsibilities of the Salesforce Administrator include:
- Support the configuration of and migration of data to Salesforce. This will include data cleansing prior to upload.
- Administer the Salesforce database to ensure the integrity and currency of data. This includes an understanding of cross platform integrations, any required testing and monitoring, and actioning of user requests.
- Document system configuration and administrative processes
- Support Salesforce users through the development and delivery of training
- Data export to support Climate Council activities.
- Data analysis and reporting, including the development of dashboards, to maximise platform utilisation and organisational performance.
- Identify opportunities to leverage Salesforce technologies, and make recommendations to management. Keep abreast of Salesforce releases, features and best practices.
- Contribute positively to the Climate Council culture and act in accordance with Climate Council values
The successful candidate will have:
Experience and Skills
- 2+ years managing enterprise systems including CRM systems. Understanding of not-for-profit drivers and donor engagement through a CRM system will be considered favourably
- Salesforce Certification (Admin, Consultant, and/or Developer) and/or exposure to Salesforce configuration and custom development will be highly regarded
- Understanding of XML, SQL, and enterprise application integrations will be highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to understand and translate stakeholder requirements into system design
- Advanced data collection, analysis, cleansing, manipulation and reporting skills
- Track record of using data to improve business processes and efficiency
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and balance reactive and proactive workload
- Strong initiative and an ability to work autonomously
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
A passion for tackling climate change. You care about driving down Australia’s greenhouse gas pollution and ramping up renewables.
Remuneration and Benefits
This exciting and dynamic organisation will continue to be in the public eye, giving those involved an unrivalled opportunity to contribute to the public discourse on climate change. With exposure to some of the leading minds tackling climate change, this role is a unique opportunity.
- 0.6 FTE
- Annual salary of $85k + super (will be prorated)
- 2 year fixed-term contract
- Sydney preferred but will consider Melbourne based candidates
- Split of working from home / working from our offices in Sydney Surry Hills or Melbourne CBD
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- A strong work culture which is results focused but also supportive and nimble
- A dynamic organisation and experienced team
How to apply
The Climate Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, personal appearance, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, or political affiliation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply for all advertised positions.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter of no more than 250 words outlining your relevant experience here.
If you have any questions regarding the position please email us at [email protected]
Application close midnight 27th June 2021