Work Type/s: Volunteer position
The Climate Council is Australia’s leading climate science communications organisation. The Climate Council was funded through Australia’s largest crowd-funding campaign in 2014 and remains an independent Not-For-Profit organisation which houses some of Australia’s leading climate science, policy and renewable energy experts. With the largest media presence of any organisation in Australia on climate change issues and reaching millions through our social media challenges, volunteering at the Climate Council is an unrivalled opportunity to contribute to the public discourse on climate change.
Reporting to the Operations team, you will work with them to help support the essential processes and policies that enable the Climate Council to function.
The position would be for one day per week and will be based in our Sydney office in Surry Hills.
Key components of the role include:
- Supporter engagement such as emails and phone calls.
- Event planning.
- Internal business policy research and development.
- Processing donations.
- Ad hoc administrative support as required.
- You’ll have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- You’ll be interested in climate change impacts and solutions, and
- You’ll have a key eye for detail and won’t shy away from the nitty gritty of a problem.
Additionally, you will have:
- Strong communications skills:
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly with our supporters and stakeholders.
- The ability to translate complex policy into relevant organisational practice.
- Strong planning and management skills
- The ability to manage competing tasks.
- Exemplify personal drive and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a high performing team.
You’ll be spending time with a fun and interesting group of people in our fantastic office in Sydney. No two days are the same which helps make the office a lively place and keeps everyone on their toes.
You will have an opportunity to contribute to the public discourse on one of the most important issues of our time. Also, the Climate Council has a large and passionate community that we engage with, which will give you the opportunity to develop your community management skills and operations and logistics know-how.
How to apply for this job
To apply for the Operations Team Volunteer role please email [email protected], using the subject line: Operations Team Volunteer application
Please attach a short CV and write in the email body (in less than 200 words) what you will bring to this role.