- Part-time position, Contract
- Melbourne based
The Climate Council is Australia’s leading climate change communications organisation. We’re a fast growing group of people made up of expert Councillors, staff, volunteers and supporters. We provide authoritative, expert advice to the public on climate change, energy solutions and international action, based on the most up-to-date science available. We are looking for an Operations and Executive Assistant to work alongside the leading minds on the biggest issue of our time.
The Primary Role of the Operations and Executive Assistant will be to:
- Provide executive support to the CEO and management team including diary, travel and email management, and supporting speaking opportunities.
- Support day to day running of the Melbourne office including managing the office space, suppliers and supporting a positive and fun team culture.
- IT and HR admin support
- Volunteer management
- Other ad hoc administration tasks as required
Given these multifaceted responsibilities, we are seeking a dedicated, efficient and resourceful generalist.
The role will require exceptional organisational skills as well as proven communications skills. You will report to the Operations Coordinator. The Climate Council already has a collaborative and high-impact team, and we are looking for someone who can jump into this role straight away with little training.
You are a highly organised, efficient and proactive generalist that approaches their work with a can-do attitude. As Operations and Executive Assistant, our staff will rely upon you to have strong attention to detail, diplomacy and ability to perform under pressure. This role provides a great opportunity to work in Australia’s leading climate change communication organisation and learn from our team.
Strong Communication Skills:
- Professional and engaging communication style
- The ability to assess a situation and confidently adapt your communication style to suit a variety of audiences and contexts
Strong Planning and Time Management Skills:
- The ability to manage competing priorities with a high level of attention to detail
- Well established strategies for time management
- You will have the ability to anticipate the team’s needs and prepare in advance to meet them
Strong Personal Drive and Integrity:
- Go above and beyond to ensure Climate Council executives and Melbourne office are well supported
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a high performing team
- Proven ability to manage sensitive information with integrity
Additionally, you will have:
- A relevant qualification that suits the role preferred but not essential
- At least 2 years experience in executive assistant, administration, communications or client services roles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and hit deadlines when required
- Excellent IT and computer skills including Mac, Google and Microsoft Applications eg. Powerpoint & basic Excel
- Some understanding of the climate sector, renewable energy industry and/or environmental politics is an advantage but not essential
What we can offer:
This is a part-time 0.6FTE position equivalent to 3 days per week with an initial contract period of 12 months. The position provides a salary of $50,000-60,000 pro rata +super, negotiable dependant on experience. We offer a great work location in Melbourne CBD with a dog-friendly office and an opportunity to gain experience working closely across all team.
How to apply for this job
Please include a copy of your CV (less than 3 pages) and explain in less than 200 words in the cover letter why you would be perfect for this role.
Applications close Friday 17th November. Please note that early applications are encouraged.