Work Type/s: Volunteer position
Days: Either Monday, Tuesday or Thursday
About Us & The Role
The Climate Council is Australia’s leading climate science communications organisation. The Climate Council was funded through Australia’s largest crowd-funding campaign in 2014 and remains an independent Not-For-Profit organisation which houses some of Australia’s leading climate science, policy and renewable energy experts. With the largest media presence of any organisation in Australia on climate change issues and reaching millions through our social media challenges, volunteering at the Climate Council is an unrivalled opportunity to contribute to the public discourse on climate change.
You’ll use your social media know how, your creativity and tech skills to help ramp up the online profile of the Climate Council. The role will be based in Melbourne and report to the Digital Communications Manager.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Creating original content for Instagram and Twitter
- Researching and curating the most important news stories of the
- Scheduling social media content across all platforms
- Community engagement & comment moderation
- You’ve got a good eye for great content. You know what makes people click and how to find it, but you’re also up for creating original content
- You know your way around software. You’ve got some experience using Photoshop & WordPress. If you haven’t had much experience with this it’s okay, as long as you’re a fast learner and tech savvy we’ll show you the
- You’re a good communicator. You can write punchy copy on often complex issues and love a good
- You have strong passion and drive. You’ve got a passion for climate change, sustainability or advocacy, and a personal drive to succeed. Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment is a
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and a short one-paragraph cover letter to [email protected] with “Social Media Volunteer” as the subject line.