Work Type/s: Volunteer position
Days: Preferably Monday or Thursday
About Us & The Role
The Climate Council is Australia’s leading climate science communications organisation. The Climate Council was funded through Australia’s largest crowd-funding campaign in 2014 and remains an independent Not-For-Profit organisation which houses some of Australia’s leading climate science, policy and renewable energy experts. With the largest media presence of any organisation in Australia on climate change issues and reaching millions through our social media challenges, volunteering at the Climate Council is an unrivalled opportunity to contribute to the public discourse on climate change.
The Cities Power Partnership (CPP) is the Climate Council’s flagship national cities program that works with towns and cities, via local governments, around Australia to ramp up renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable transport and working together. The CPP launched in July this year with 35 councils, representing over 200 towns and cities and over 3 million Australians. The CPP is picking up speed and will continue to grow.
You’ll use your social media know how, your creativity and tech skills to help ramp up the online profile of trailblazing towns and cities around Australia. The Cities Power Partnership team works in both Sydney and Melbourne, you’ll be working in the CBD located Melbourne office alongside the CPP media advisor and the Climate Council’s Digital Communications Manager.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Researching excellent social content that showcases the actions of cities around the world and in Australia
- Creating original content for Twitter, Facebook and WordPress including social media tiles
- Creating and scheduling Twitter content and growing the Cities Power Partnership Twitter
- Updating the Cities Power Partnership website via WordPress
- You’ve got a good eye for great You’re Facebook and Twitter content is pure gold, you know what stuff makes people click and how to find it, but you’re also up for creating original content too.
- You know your way around software. You’ve got some experience using Illustrator, Photoshop, WordPress and If you haven’t had much experience with this it’s okay, as long as you’re a fast learner and tech savvy we’ll show you the ropes.
- You’re a good You’ve had experience writing public communications for a lay audience and have written for different mediums including web.
- You have strong passion and drive. You’ve got a passion for climate change, sustainability or advocacy, and a personal drive to Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment is a bonus.