The Climate Council is an independent, non-profit organisation that aims to provide clear and accurate information to the community about climate change.
The Council launched after the Climate Commission was dissolved in September 2013 and this was made possible thanks to an outpouring of support from the community who were concerned about the loss of this authoritative, independent voice on climate science. This unprecedented groundswell of support saw a crowd-funding campaign generate more than a million dollars in just over a week. We like to call it ‘people powered science.’
The Climate Council is a world leader in effective climate change communication. We translate complex science so that ordinary people and policy makers can make informed decisions related to climate change. This exciting organisation will continue to be in the public eye as it grows, giving those involved an unrivalled opportunity to contribute to the public discourse on climate change.
You’ll be spending time with a fun and interesting group of people in our fantastic office in the Melbourne CBD, close to public transport. You'll learn new things every day, and develop a solid skillset in social media communications in the NFP sector,
The Climate Council has a large and passionate community that we engage with, which will give you the opportunity to develop your community management skills. You’ll also get experience in creating world class online content, whilst working amongst Australia’s leading climate change communicators, at Australia’s fastest growing climate change NGO.
Social Media Volunteer
Reporting to the Digital Communications Manager, you will work with the Communications team to support our social media communications.
Key Components of the Role:
- Content: Finding news stories, trending topics, and scientific breakthroughs relating to climate change and renewable energy and gathering information and digital assets on them
- Scheduling: Scheduling regular content through Hootsuite
- Graphics: Updating social graphics templates in Adobe Photoshop
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to write punchy copy that stays on message
- Solid understanding of social media
- Experience with social media scheduling
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop/graphic design (optional but not essential)
Please email your CV and a brief cover letter to [email protected] noting which role you are applying for in the subject line.